Sunday, November 29, 2009

These kids are learning something...

So the week before Thanksgiving I did a lesson with many of my classes about where the holiday came from and what it entails each year for Americans. The day after Thanksgiving when I saw one of my really great classes for the first time after the lesson, they all walked in with drinks and packages wrapped in foil. I asked them jokingly if there was a bake sale today, and after laying out everything on their desks, they told me they made me gâteaux (cakes) to celebrate Thanksgiving. Brilliant! If there was one thing they could have taken away from my lesson, it was that the holiday is mainly centered around food.

I was totally shocked by how organized, need I say awesome, this surprise was. Not only did they make a creme filled cake, melted chocolate cupcakes, nutella cake, and caramelized cake bites, they had a supply of drinks, plates, forks, and even Purell for everyone's hands (swine flu is starting to pick up in France, so they didn't want any of that ruining the celebration). Awesome gesture from kids I've only worked with since October.

2 comments:

  1. is it sad that my favorite part about this blog is that there was a bottle of purell being passed around??? ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this. makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete