Friday, February 12, 2010

A Day in the Merde

Even in France, or maybe I should say especially in France, you come across one of those days from time to time where you wonder why you even got out of bed. Productivity is nearly impossible and you cannot help by avoid a series of bizarre encounters. My Monday was definitely one of those days. It went a little something like this:

-Go to bed at 5am after watching the Super Bowl, wake up at 7 to catch my train and arrive at school for my 9 o’clock class to find out that the teacher is absent and neglected to tell me.

-While using a public service announcement about guns to practice conversation with a student, she proceeds to tell me how there are five major gypsy tribes that roam France and are the major gun owners, how some of her friends have guns, and how the police are usually too afraid of them to try and take their guns.

-Upon my return to Montpellier at the end of the day, I arrive at the train station to find out that there are delays of up to 3 hours for a nondescript “problem” with the trains, or the train tracks, or the French train system. One of those things (probably). Since my 4:54 train was cancelled, I hopped on a high-speed train that was supposed to leave at 2:20 but was still stuck in the station, praying that they didn’t check tickets before I had to get off.

-After getting off in Montpellier without any problems, I was greeted by a nice rain for my walk home.

Happy Monday. Or rather, Happy Merde-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment