Sunday, October 25, 2009

Miscellaneous observations

-While waiting for the tram one day, I happened to glance over and see a woman and a man running side by side. Both were wearing typical running gear and were fairly sweaty, but I soon realized that the woman, obviously mid-run, was carrying a baguette with her. Apparently when you need a baguette, nothing will stand in your way. Dually noted.

-Since I was assigned my own mailbox at school, I’ve been getting various flyers from the teacher’s union. One talked about their opposition to a law aiming to make more use of Masters students in education and Foreign Language Assistants (like myself), thus reducing the amount of time teachers would spend in the classroom. Point of irony #1: I received a mass invitation to a meeting about petitioning this issue. Point of irony #2: I considered attending just for the heck of it until there were reports of a train strike the day of the meeting. Unfortunate planning on the part of all striking parties involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment